Update: We have extended applications through March 14
In October, we posted our first job listing at Variant Fund. The surprise was that instead of a hiring a Research Partner as planned, we added a General Partner, Spencer Noon, to the team. That changed the hiring timeline for our Research Partner role, and the time is now. So we’ve re-opened applications for Research Partner role and plan to grow the research and investment team over the course of the year. More info below:
To join the team, you should:
- Be a detail oriented self-starter, intellectually curious, with strong, demonstrated analytical and communication skills
- Thrive off of new ideas and push our thinking
- Have a technical background or a demonstrated ability in data-driven analysis
- Be excited to design and track the metrics that are most critical to understanding and forecasting the progress of important crypto and Ownership Economy projects
- Be able to distill and communicate insights to the investment team either verbally or through data visualizations and writing — and potentially publish them to the portfolio and broader community of builders
- Have demonstrated a high level of initiative in a prior activity.
- Be excited to meet entrepreneurs at the earliest stages, and actively participate in the internet communities they are building.
How do you apply?
The application includes short written pieces and video interviews, due by March 14, 2021. Apply here.
We will follow-up with a smaller group of applicants to schedule video interviews, and expect the process to take 4 to 6 weeks end-to-end. That means candidates should be available to start work around April 1, though this is flexible.
Variant Fund is remote first, based in New York City
We are hoping for candidates from a myriad of backgrounds and couldn’t be more excited to grow the team this year. Hope you’ll consider applying!